Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's in the details

So, my eventual goal is to quit my day (night) job and write full time. I have wanted to share my stories with others who are interested in traveling to places unknown for a long time, and have just recently decided that I am ready to take that challange. I am discovering that it is much harder than I had originally anticipated.
I work a minimum of 40 hours a week at night at a local hospital, and am married with cats. As anyone who really knows me can tell you, the cats equate to eight little toddlers running around my house. Between running my household, working, and taking care of my families' needs, my books often go on the back burner. It has been extremely frustrating. Choice, the first book in the Origin's series has finally been self-published onto Kindle and Nook. I am very excited to finally see it for sale, and have now entered the advertising stage of this process. It is a much more complicated and time-consuming process than I had thought or wanted, forcing my writing back onto that back burner again.
I am having to remember, and remind myself constantly, that once the details are set-up and flowing, the book will sell, and time will appear. To those of you just entering the writing process, I say to you, find a very understanding support system. They will be lifesavers in the next year. Having people tell me Choice was great, begging me to get to Changed, has often been the only thing keeping me going when I felt like it was just too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment