Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Glimpse

Life can be so cruel sometimes. I have been preparing for a great week, and by all accounts should have accomplished just that. I relaxed all weekend with my husband, finished all my to-do's for Choice, went on an epic motorcycle ride, cuddled with my kitties, and had a (rare) wonderful night at work last night. Oh yah, and Fatburger is opening this week in a town very close to me, so Bry (my husband) and I are finally going to have good cheeseburgers. I am very excited about all of this.
Unfortunately, it is all now shadowed by the fact that my grandfather is in his last hours of life. I have worked as a hospice CNA for a few years, and my aunt, who is an RN, is taking care of him. She told me his symptoms today, and we are both convinced that he has hours, not days to live. That is, if you call gasping for breath, living. I am very upset by this news as I thought for sure I would have a few more months to try and see him before he left this world. I want to be there with my family, to love and support them, especially my gram. She and grampa just celebrated their 60 some odd wedding anniversary, and I don't know what she is going to do now. I want to give her a hug and an excuse to do all the baking that she loves but I can't, because I have to work and they live across the country. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment