Friday, March 2, 2012

ramblings

I've decided to put Zombie Wars on the shelf right now. I just can't get into it at the moment. Sorry to those who were patiently waiting for the sequel. I want to put out a book I actually like, and so far... ugh.
I've been working on Victoria's story, Created. It seems to call to me more than any other book I've been working on, and is flowing very nicely. I'm very excited for her story, more so than I thought I'd be. I wasn't even planning on writing her story, but apparently she wants it told. I love writing.
The dilemma I'm facing right now is how to write her story. I started it in third person, but am not sure if I want it to go that way. The other two and a half books in this series are told in first person, and the two main books are both from Natasha's point of view. I thought that because I was writing from another character's point of view I should write in a different viewpoint, but now I'm thinking I should continue the same viewpoint for the entire series. hmm....
Personally I prefer writing in first person. I get more attuned to the main character's personality and how everything else meshes with their storyline then when I'm writing third person. I like third person because it's easier for me to express the emotions and thoughts of all the characters instead of just how my main character perceives them. It's just harder for me to become emotionally connected to my characters in third person.
A couple of my other works are written in first person, but the speaker changes throughout the book. I have one book that I'm excited to work on, but haven't had the time and energy I need to go to the dark places it's going to take me to to write it. That one has letters meshed in with a storyline. It's proven to be a challenge to intermix the two, but I know that when I have the time to go into the dark, twisted world of a serial killer, I'll be able to mesh it well.
For some reason, this year I've been having a difficult time staying focused. I'm excited about April and the possibilities it holds. I've been extremely stressed out at work lately and too exhausted to focus on anything of substance by the time I get home. I need to get my butt in gear and focus on one project; make a commitment and stay with it through thick or thin.
I'll let you know how that works out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment