Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Dictator's Daughter & Scars of Defiance by Lorena Angell

I apologize as I cannot find a cover for this book. Apparently, this series does not exist, even though I have two of the books. Perhaps Ms. Angell removed them, or renamed them for whatever reason. For that, I'm very sorry for you.

 5 Stars

This book was beautifully written and SO GOOD! It's a story of brutal abuse, betrayal and survivorship. Eli's story is gripping, fast-paced, and exciting. I only hope Ms. Angell writes more and brings this series back. I've had this in my TBR pile for a long time and kept passing it over, thinking it would be boring an political, but it was so far from that. Sean is a great character and I have to wonder, how does a good looking, muscular man pull off looking like a woman?

I can't tell you how excited I was to discover the first book in this series on my shelf as well. Be jealous. It's okay. ;)

Just finished the first* book in this series, Scars of Defiance - still can't find either of these books on Amazon or B&N. I'm also still super sorry for you. If you do happen to run across either of these books - pick them up immediately. They're great. :)

Scars of Defiance
5 Stars

Such a good book filled with betrayal, intrigue and suspense. Just as good as the second and I wish I could find more. This author is amazing. She truly knows how to weave a tale that has you hooked and thinking of it long after the story's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment