Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Orange is the new Black by Piper Kermen

1 Star
If I could give it less, I would. It starts out as a person who REALLY wants to show off her vocabulary. Then it continues on a disjointed path. You aren't really told much of anything about her involvement in the drug smuggling, in fact, it feels as if she completely downplays it to the point where she doesn't actually believe she does anything - she's just along for the ride. I couldn't finish it. I made it to her first day in prison and decided that I'd rather go wash out bedpans with a toothbrush than continue to read another sentence of this crap. Beyond the writing style that I didn't care for at all, her complete lack of ownership just pissed me off. You were a drug mule. You knew it. You did it. You went to prison for it. Suck it up buttercup. Don't read this book. If you really want to know what it's about, watch the show. I hear that's fairly decent (mostly because they stray from the drivel in the book so much). I want my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment