Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A-Z Book Survey

I have a bunch of writing friends who are filling out this survey and I've decided to join them. :) 

Author(s) you’ve read the most books from: Laurell K Hamilton or Kelley Armstrong
Best sequel ever: Catching Fire (I think my books are better, but I'm trying not to self-promote here!) 
Currently reading: Dehumanized
Drink of choice while reading: Water
E-reader or physical book: eReader, although physical books are easier if you need to look things up
Fictional character you probably would have liked to date in high school: I was a total nerd in high school and didn't really date or talk to people, so this is difficult to answer. I think that if I could pick a fictional character I'd like to have dated it'd probably be Doyle, the Queen's Darkness in Lurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series. 
Glad you gave this book a chance: The Loch by Steven Alten
Hidden Gem book: Minstrel by Marissa Ames
Important moment in your reading life: When I was told we were reading The Count of Monte Cristo in high school. I'd never heard of it then, but quickly became my most treasured book. 
Just finished: Basement Games by M.E. Franco
Kind of books you won’t read: Non-fiction and I'm leaning towards never reading Young Adult as well.
Longest book you’ve ever read: Aesop's Fables or the complete works of Grimm's fairy tales
Major book hangover because of: Probably the Count of Monte Cristo, I don't usually get book hangovers.
Number of bookcases you own: One, but I did just transfer all my books to my Nook to free up space in my house, so...
One book you have read multiple times: The Count of Monte Cristo
Preferred place to read: Bed
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: Holy hot dang. I don't save book quotes. Let me look this up... Ok, so it's more of a poem that I read on a child's gravestone when I was in high school then something I read in a book. I'm sure this poem is in a book, but I have no idea which one it'd be in. "Don not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sun on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circling flight. I am the soft starlight at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there; I did not die." ~ Mary Elizabeth Frye
Reading regret: Not having enough time or money for my addiction

Series you started and need to finish: Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind and I've just started the Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin

Three of your all-time favorite books: The Loch, The Count of Monte Cristo and George Shrinks
Unapologetic fan for: 
Very excited for this release more than all others: An Apple for Zoe #2
Worst bookish habit: Ignoring life for my books.
X marks the spot: (
Start at the top left of your bookcase, and name book 27): Not including the books I've written that are sitting on my shelf, it'd be The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols. 
Your latest book purchase: Basement Games by M.E. Franco
ZZZZZ… The last book that kept you up way too late: City of Bones, just so I could be done with it and see if all my theories were right - they were. :/

3 comments:

  1. The Count of Monte Cristo is one of those books I've had on my to read list for years, really must READ it! And really looking forward to Missy's book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could be book soulmates - 'The Count of Monte Cristo' is my book hangover book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you really should read it. I was apprehensive when I started, but by the time he gets arrested, I was hooked. It's a fantastic book about love and revenge. I absolutely love it!
    Erin, LOL!!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete