Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A-Z Book Survey

I have a bunch of writing friends who are filling out this survey and I've decided to join them. :) 

Author(s) you’ve read the most books from: Laurell K Hamilton or Kelley Armstrong
Best sequel ever: Catching Fire (I think my books are better, but I'm trying not to self-promote here!) 
Currently reading: Dehumanized
Drink of choice while reading: Water
E-reader or physical book: eReader, although physical books are easier if you need to look things up
Fictional character you probably would have liked to date in high school: I was a total nerd in high school and didn't really date or talk to people, so this is difficult to answer. I think that if I could pick a fictional character I'd like to have dated it'd probably be Doyle, the Queen's Darkness in Lurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series. 
Glad you gave this book a chance: The Loch by Steven Alten
Hidden Gem book: Minstrel by Marissa Ames
Important moment in your reading life: When I was told we were reading The Count of Monte Cristo in high school. I'd never heard of it then, but quickly became my most treasured book. 
Just finished: Basement Games by M.E. Franco
Kind of books you won’t read: Non-fiction and I'm leaning towards never reading Young Adult as well.
Longest book you’ve ever read: Aesop's Fables or the complete works of Grimm's fairy tales
Major book hangover because of: Probably the Count of Monte Cristo, I don't usually get book hangovers.
Number of bookcases you own: One, but I did just transfer all my books to my Nook to free up space in my house, so...
One book you have read multiple times: The Count of Monte Cristo
Preferred place to read: Bed
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: Holy hot dang. I don't save book quotes. Let me look this up... Ok, so it's more of a poem that I read on a child's gravestone when I was in high school then something I read in a book. I'm sure this poem is in a book, but I have no idea which one it'd be in. "Don not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sun on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circling flight. I am the soft starlight at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there; I did not die." ~ Mary Elizabeth Frye
Reading regret: Not having enough time or money for my addiction

Series you started and need to finish: Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind and I've just started the Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin

Three of your all-time favorite books: The Loch, The Count of Monte Cristo and George Shrinks
Unapologetic fan for: 
Very excited for this release more than all others: An Apple for Zoe #2
Worst bookish habit: Ignoring life for my books.
X marks the spot: (
Start at the top left of your bookcase, and name book 27): Not including the books I've written that are sitting on my shelf, it'd be The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols. 
Your latest book purchase: Basement Games by M.E. Franco
ZZZZZ… The last book that kept you up way too late: City of Bones, just so I could be done with it and see if all my theories were right - they were. :/