Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Inside my head

I'm not sure if this is just a creative person's problem, or if it happens to everyone, but I'm having a very difficult time distinguishing fantasy from reality right now. I have extremely vivid, realistic dreams that have always made me question those involved if the even actually occurred. This has been a problem for me for a long time, even before I started writing.
That being said, I've always lived in a sort of fantasy world to escape my reality. So, is not being able to distinguish fantasy from reality just a problem for me, or do other, more "normal" people suffer from this as well?
Here's an example of what's been going on. I went to bed the other night and started dreaming of edits, fb posts, twitter feeds and general behind-the-scenes author type stuff. They were extremely vivid, detailed dreams, but the whole time I was dreaming, I knew I was dreaming. When I woke, I discovered that everything I'd dreamt about had actually been done.
Last night, I went to sleep and slept so deeply I don't remember dreaming. When I woke, some of my furniture had been moved around in my living room. I'm the only one here, and I know I didn't move the rug or the chair, but they've been moved.
Another thing that's been happening is that I think I've had conversations with people that have never happened. I'll get frustrated at having to repeat myself, when in reality, this is the first anyone is hearing of these comments.
Perhaps I'm going crazy. Maybe I'm already there. In either case, the muse and I have been writing up a storm and I've been very happy with my life. Just confused on reality and fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment