Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ramblings of a frustrated author

Oh dear muse! Why do you torture me so? I have perfected a scene that brings tears to my eyes, yet cannot get from where we are to there. It is SO frustrating!!! I know what happens, I know how I want to get there, but we keep getting sidetracked in things that aren't ready to be explored and developed yet. Natasha doesn't want to feel what she has to in order to appreciate where she's going. She want's to be numb to it all. I understand, I really do, but sometimes we have to take the good with the bad in life and in stories in order for growth to be complete. I'm amazed daily at how much I love this book and how much I've learned since writing Choice.
I've been so crazy busy with work and home life I've barely been able to find time to write. It's been beyond irritating, but I'm working on it. I want to get this book out in October. I don't have to, but I really want to. Badly. It needs to be finished, I need to be off this roller coaster of emotions.
I think after this I may do another short for the Zombies and then focus on something dark and twisty. I'm starting to feel dark and twisty and need to put it on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment