Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pot Luck Reviews

5 Stars
Cape Seduction by Anne Carter
This was a very fun story. I liked the historical love story/triangle and how it mixed with and added suspense to the current time love story. The deviousness, cunning and manipulation of the two older women was fun to witness. The chemistry between Matt and Bec was adorable. I greatly enjoyed my little escape into Cape Seduction and may try to find out if that's a real movie or not. It sounded like it would be a cute, fun movie. There was one oopsie with a name, but not a big deal at all. I'd totally recommend this to someone who likes the 1940s - 50s era and romance.


5 Stars

Captivating. I'm not even sure how to classify this book. Apocalyptic - yes; SyFy - yes; Exciting - yes; Fast-packed-adventure - yes. It's an incredible twist on the end times without really being biblical or preachy. The times bible verses or passages were mentioned, I never felt as if I were being lectured - more like the villagers were discovering some lost history and figuring how to deal with it. It kinda reminded me of "The Time Machine" without actually having anything to do with that story. I highly recommend this book.

4 Stars

Fun, exciting, albiet mildly confusing futuristic spycraft. I'd have liked to have seen Mina and/or Miko's names be different as it was ridiculously confusing in the beginning, and during parts where they were doing a ton of stuff together. The story itself was highly enjoyable and fun though. It was exciting and leaves you wanting more - excited for the next adventure.


4 Stars

This was a fun book. The more I think of it after reading, I find things that I'm meh about, but the romance was fun between Ammy and Rob was sweet and at times super hot. As long as you remember it's a work of fiction, and don't look too closely at the financials and the freedoms people have with their uncanny survivalist tendencies - it's a great read. I love the setting and was greatly surprised they didn't run into more predators on the island or in the water. You definitely smile and root for the two lovers and hope that they end up happy and together in the end. I too, never wanted them to leave that island.

No comments:

Post a Comment