Thursday, August 13, 2015

2 Books by Woelf Dietrich

4 Stars

This was a well-written, strange book.
Sebastian wakes, bludgeoned and bloody, tied up, on his basement floor. You learn about his history in Ancient book collecting, and his health issues, and then wonder how he can take such a beating without dying. He appears docile and naive and proves to the demon that he's ignorant, up to the point where eh reader wonders how he's going to get himself out of his mess. The ending completely caught me off guard and left me with more questions than answers. Not sure if I actually liked it or not yet, but it's definitely a book that will stay with me for a while. So, kudos to Dietrich.



4 Stars

Interesting short story that was well-told. It drew me in, even if it wasn't a book I'd normally read. Having never really been bullied like that, I enjoyed learning of the kid's experiences. It's good to be confident and comfortable in your own skin and not let people push you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment