Friday, March 6, 2015

Why did I chose Blue?

As some of you may already know, I first published Zombie War as a small, three book novella trilogy. What you may not know is that I did everything myself. From writing to cover art, editing, formatting, and hitting the print button - it was all me. And there was something missing.
I've known about Blue Harvest Creative for a few years, and had been leery of letting someone else touch my baby. After all, who knew my books better than me, and how could they do a better job? I followed a few BHC authors, read their work, and took time to talk to them. I watched them succeed while I continued to struggle. In short - I discovered that I truly couldn't do it all. I came to a startling realization that if I didn't want to take the time, money, and energy to invest in my work, how could I expect anyone else to?
So I handed over Zombie War to Blue Harvest Creative and gave them free reign to work their magic. I have never been happier.
"What did they do that was so amazing," you ask? Well....
First, we decided to scrap the whole novella thing and make Zombie War into one book with three parts - creating the story I'd originally planned on writing when I first started.
These are the covers I created for the original novella trilogy. They are no longer available in eBook or Print.
Secondly, the new full-length novel went through an excruciating 5-round editing process that took approximately 4 months to complete. This was an extremely humbling experience for me - as it should be for any author. We take these stories that scream in our heads, but the editors clean them up and show you the gaping holes you left because you can't see past the nose on your face. In short, they help you perfect and clarify the story you'd originally intended to tell.

Next, Blue took my cover design ideas and showed me greatness. 
The novel went from this:
My cover design - only 20 were printed and available
at the first Reno Comicon. 
















To this:
The print wrap created by Blue Harvest Creative.

















They designed my publishing imprint's logo for MoonStorm Publishing - something I never thought to do, and looks amazing.

Then they took the interior and floored me. Zombie War went from a simple book to a reading experience overnight. 
My interior:
Table of Contents scrapped from
the original books.






Screenshot of Chapter 1 - before Blue





































The new, completed interior designed by Blue Harvest Creative:
Table of Contents






Screenshot of Chapter 6 - after Blue







































And if that wasn't enough awesomeness - there's more.

They created a trailer:

and helped with marketing:























And they didn't stop at just ads - they helped create swag:


And finally, they are there for each and every one of their authors. They listen. They help guide you in the right direction to make your book the creation that was truly living in your head. You no longer feel as if you're alone - struggling to have someone, anyone look your way. Instead, you have Blue in your corner, cheering you on, encouraging you, promoting you, and showing you your potential. 

In short - I turned to Blue and haven't looked back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment