Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Unrequited Love by Mary Reason Theriot

3 Stars
The writing in this story is very stilted and formal. Extremely tough to get into, and desperately needs an editor. Who is Gregory Ferris and why is he such a menace? I sometimes feel as if I started in book two, but there was no indication of a previous tale stated in my copy. I think if a good editor were to attack this book, it'd be fantastic. As it stands, it's extremely difficult to read and enjoy. I love the story idea though. I'm having such a difficult time reading it that I'm not sure how I'll finish. Please, Ms. Theriot, for the love of God, hire an editor. Unrequited Love could be FANTASTIC - if it was edited. Even a little bit. There are some very blatant errors in the plot that could be easily remedied with an editor. I know they can be expensive, but this story is worth the investment. The only reason I gave it 3 Stars instead of 1 was because I liked the story so much. Just please, PLEASE invest in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment