Monday, April 8, 2013

I've got the blahs

I've been feeling rather off for the past week but just attributed it to a change in careers. I finally left Health Care and am writing full time. YEA! Time to party! Or so I thought.
It turns out that I'm getting older and can't just transition from a night shift to day shift like I originally thought. I'm exhausted and haven't figured out why. Working at home at night isn't working either because Mr. Man sleeps at night, works during the day, and thinks that he needs to be entertained in the evening.
My doc says this is normal for a person who worked the crazy schedule I had for so long, but I need to get past this - like yesterday. I have deadlines that must be met and hours to get in for my new writing job. I don't have time for a two-three hour nap in the afternoon like my body begs me for. I have books that need to be written and edited. I have things I want to get done that don't include sleep.
Sigh. So because my body is basically in a state of shock, I've got the blahs. I don't really have the energy to care much about anything, but I'm annoyed that I can't seem to accomplish anything either.
Anyone have a good remedy for kicking my butt into gear and getting over this drastic schedule change?