Friday, October 14, 2011

Don't Fear The Reaper

This book was great! I have to be honest, I got a little irritated at Keely's inability to cope with being dead. I mean, I get it, it's a traumatic thing. It's just, I would have liked her to have gotten a handle on it a lot earlier. It was as if we were going on a journey with the character, but focusing on the holy crap I just killed myself and there's no going back part and ignoring the vast unknown that's ahead of us. I loved Daniel instantly, and continued to enjoy him throughout the book. I'm still on the fence about Banning.
Michelle did an excellent job of creating a world and characters that I could connect with emotionally. I felt free to like and dislike characters and actions as if I were actually there observing them. The emotional turmoil Keely has from realizing the truly selfish nature of suicide was amazingly written. I couldn't imagine walking into that tub scene if I were her parents! Wow.
All in all, I would recommend this book to my friends. I enjoyed it, and hope there's a sequel that has more to do with Daniel. I'd love to know what happens to him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment