Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today is a day of remembrance. A day where we thank the men and women in the military for their sacrifice to our country. So many people forget that sacrifice doesn't just include lives. The service men and women fight for the ideals of the American way of life. They allow us to be able to bitch about anything and everything we want. They allow us the freedoms we take for granted every day. They don't do this because they want prestige or fame, they do this because they believe in the idea, the foundation of America.
I for one, am grateful everyday for the sacrifices they make. They sacrifice their young adulthood to train and fight for my rights. They sacrifice life and limbs in protection of the freedoms I treasure. They sacrifice their psyche in order to protect mine. They truly are heros.
Today, as in all others, I thank-you for fighting for me when I am unable to.

No comments:

Post a Comment