Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Dragon's Call Trilogy by A.D. Trosper

5 Stars
Short and sweet. I want to know more about Emallya, Rylin, and the beginning of the war. This books sets up an amazing fantasy, enticing the reader, making you crave more. Definitely read this before Embers, but make sure you have Embers handy when you start reading!


5 Stars
Flat out loved this book. For a Young Adult, it had everything an adult reader could ask for in a book. I'm so god I read A New Beginning prior to reading Embers and I can't WAIT to pick up Tears of War. If you like fantasy, dragons (who doesn't?!?), adventure, or just a flat out amazing read- pick up this book. I don't even want to tell you anything about it - I don't want to risk ruining what is set up to be an EPIC fantasy.



4 Stars
This is such a fantastic series. I was a bit frustrated in the beginning of this book though. There were quite a few new characters that were talked about, but never introduced. I understand that they are minor characters, but to just start talking about them, without having the reader know anything about them, it was confusing. Just a small paragraph or two explaining how many new riders appeared over the missing time would have been perfect. That being said, I loved this book and I'm so glad I don't have to wait for the completion. There were a few other editorial oopses that were a bit confusing, but they didn't distract too terribly from the reading. Without giving too much away - and even with knowing, or having an idea of what was going to happen, I couldn't stop the tears or heartbreak. Shadow Riders must die.


5 Stars
AAAAAHHH!!!!! Such a great way to end this series! I'm a bit miffed about the epilog, but very excited at the same time. I loved the "knowing the future" theme that Maleena struggles with and how that panned out. Gah. I want to say so much, but I don't want to ruin the excitement or stress for anyone else. I could feel my heart pounding during Loki and Vaddoc's battles. I wasn't sure my heart could take more death. I spent the first half of the book in mourning with Kellinar, wiping tears that just didn't want to stop falling. This is a fantastic series. Dragons, magic, epic battles, and oh so much more. It's series'/books like this that once you finish reading, you're never quite the same again - and you expect everyone around you to have had their world slightly shifted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment