Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Interview Time - K. R. Jordan

Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
When I was a young girl, we lived down a country road far outside the city limits. We didn't get city water so daddy put in a well. Around the base of the well there was always a small pool of water. Maybe there was a leak or something, I don't really remember.
Anyway, all along the edge of this 3-foot pool, pink and purple buttercups grew. It was my secret place -- where my imagination buzzed along fairy filled forests and green, green meadows.
Yeah. I was a weird kid.

When and why did you begin writing? What inspired you to write your first book?

I was in sixth grade and I entered a local writing contest and won. It was published in the local paper.

What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?
Catching the muse. She's continually in and out of the shadows of my subconscious.  Also, I work a lot of weird hours.

How do you solve writer's block? The techniques or specific activities that help put you back on track.
With writer's block you have to be patient. I can usually loosen the writer’s block on an isolated stretch of the beach. Or listening to apocalyptica. They unruffle my tense muscles.

What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer?
I've learned that I don't have an eye for profit. I just enjoy the writing. The marketing etc. is like the anti-happy. 

What is the best advice you would give to inspiring authors?
The worst enemy for a beginner writer is self-intimidation. Your own thought processes will bully you into giving up. Give yourself pep talks. Know that you can and you will succeed!

What does your family think of your writing?
My family is glad that my crazy imagination is pre-occupied in my books! Just kidding, they want me to succeed. They don't always understand my need to write, but they love me and want me to be happy.

What type of books do you enjoy reading?
I enjoy classic literature and sometimes feel that I was born in the wrong century.

If you could pick the ultimate place to write a book – where would it be in the world?

Galápagos Islands

Be sure to check out her newest release, The Broken, available now. 


Amazon
The Broken by K. R. Jordan.

Synopsis: A family flees the threat of communism and finds that freedom is a ghost, whispering along the edges just out of reach.
I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Texas and spent most of my youth in, on or near the water.  

My father was a fisherman that always had a paperback Louis L'amour in his back pocket. My mother would read anything and everything she could get her hands on.  

My own personal love of reading and writing began at a very young age. I would spend hours at the local library checking out as many books as they would allow.

I write under the names K.R. Jordan or River Jordan. Mostly I write fiction, but I am obsessed with writing a personal history of my family.

I still live on the Gulf Coast of Texas with my family and I enjoy writing, reading, fishing and the great outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment