Saturday, December 15, 2012

Brokenhearted

I have a difficult time around the holidays. They're not my favorite time of year at all. I've been working on making things better, but it's been a real challenge. I haven't been on here in a while and for that I apologize. I've been very stressed out at work and it's been interfering with every aspect of my writing. About a week or so ago I got over the work BS and was able to finish writing Consumed. Edits are hand-written and just need to be typed up. After that it's formatting and publishing. I'm hoping to have it available on Friday 12-21-12.

My heart is breaking for the massacre in Connecticut. I don't understand how someone can get to that point without realizing they need help. My heart goes out to those who've lost children and loved ones. I can barely imagine their pain and I grieve for them. 
Hug your family, both the traditional and the chosen family members. Remember that this senseless act of violence isn't the norm but it's a cry for help from the desperate in this country. Try to remember the power of a simple hug.
I saw this poem on a child's tombstone once and while I wept, I found peace. I hope and pray it brings peace to you as well. I love you all.

Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glints on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awaken in the morning's hush 
I am the swift uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment