Saturday, December 24, 2011

sleep

The past few nights I've been woken to the song Pyromania by Cascada running through my head, along with the quiet voice of Victoria wanting her story heard. I've been trying to put it off, knowing that I want to work on the Zombie sequel, but she's very persistent. The pain, betrayal and hurt she's endured throughout the ages makes it difficult for me to ask her to wait. So, as I sit here, sick with a sinus infection, dizzy, and tired of being woken to what I'm now dubbing "Victoria's theme song", I'm starting her story. It's not what I wanted to do right now, but apparently she's tired of waiting.
I'm still attempting to write the Zombie sequel, but it's been very difficult with Victoria sending me images of fire and torture. She's beyond ready for someone to know her, to understand her, and to finally have someone reach out to her with love. It's been over 400 years since someone listened. Her tale is dark and difficult, but needs to be told.
So here I write, in the wee hours of the morning, the sun still tucked away in sleep, and I'm starting her story. Maybe once we've started, she'll give me a break, and let me work on the story I've been wanting to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment